CHECK IT OUT
WHO WE ARE
We are a non-profit, non- governmental organisation providing persons with disabilities (especially children) free education and rehabilitation. These include pre-vocational and vocational training to children in primary and secondary school, relief aid and materials to persons with disabilities during times of disasters.
Our focus is on persons with autism spectrum disorders, dyslexia, down syndrome, hearing impairment, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD), visual and physical impairment, cerebral palsy and more. Learn More
WHAT WE DO
Care-Giver Initiative focuses on persons with autism spectrum disorders, dyslexia, Down syndrome, hearing impairment, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD), visual and physical impairment, cerebral palsy and more.
Given that these persons face difficulty in hearing, listening, thinking, speaking, spelling or doing mathematical calculations, we provide them conducive environment for learning by
1. Building and maintaining organised classroom units as such limiting distractions
2. Using music and voice inflection, Sign language for hearing impaired ones as well as providing hearing aids.
3. Breaking down instructions into smaller, manageable tasks especially as it concerns Vocational Training
4. Using multi-sensory strategies.
5. Giving students with special needs opportunities for success.
In times of crises or disasters, Care-Giver Initiative travels to affected areas to provide relief support for these persons.
WHERE WE ARE
Providing vocational education in Methodist primary school, Apapa Lagos
Providing vocational education in Sari Iganmu primary school, Orile Lagos
Providing vocational education in St John RCM primary school, Ibeju Lekki Lagos